Agogo comes to studio 1
While many people in Singapore were busy preparing for the Chinese New Year, our Mediacorp studio crew was busy rehearsing and preparing for the Lunar New Year's Eve Special. To usher in the prosperous year of the Dog, they held the show concurrently at two different locations – Mediacorp Studio 1 and Chinatown.
The show was aired on Channel 8 and it included lighthearted short skits. These skits re-enacted the way Singaporeans prepare and celebrate Chinese New Year, showcasing the traditions, cultures and taboos surrounding the new year. It was a boisterous and fun-filled show that brought families together watching the show.
Watch the video below for more behind the scenes action and time-lapses of how the show was completed!
THE STUDIO CREW
The show was brought together through the hard work and sheer effort of the studio crew. In preparation for the show, the crew started working non-stop 3 days before it was to be aired Live. As the show went live on the eve of Chinese New Year, most of the production team and performers had their reunion dinners a few days before the day. This highlighted their true dedication towards making this show a success. Ultimately, the team was happy that the show was successfully completed.
- Technical Producer: Tan Tiong Boon
- Vision Control: Khee Tok Sun
- Vision Mixer: Melvin Chew
- EVS/VT Ops: Lim Wik Goe
- Camera Team: Puan Boon Hooi, Tom Siow, Lau Siong Chew, Sng Jui Kia, Bobby Sim, Jolene Chan
- Lighting Team: Teo Cheng Guan, Chang Ah Kee, Raymond Chia, May Heng
- Sound Team: Peter Tan, Sunny Lo, Choo Chong Soon, Phua Kia Eng, Sylvia Lim, Leo Chin Ho, Michelle Wong
- Floor Managers: Suryani Sarmadi, Oon Ling Chong, Teh Hock Young
- Story Video & Photo: Khee Tok Sun, Jolene Chan, Tom Siow
Gong Xi Fa Cai, Wan Shi Ru Yi! 恭喜发财 万事如意