The Community Chest 35th Anniversary Charity Television Show was live on Channel 8 on 20 May 2018. The show was hosted by our local favourites: Kym Ng, Lee Teng, Pornsak and Zeng Guo Cheng. We were also privileged to have big-hearted international super-stars like Jackie Chan, Wakin Chau and Jonathan Lee join us.
This year marks the 35th year that the Community Chest first set out to bring the community together to fundraise and care for those in need. The funds raised will go to support the 80 social service organisations under the Community Chest care. This year, the audience witnessed the a record-breaking amount of $9.6 million raised at the MES Theatre.
In preparation of the show, our teams have been working round the clock behind the scenes. There was a pre-show segment, Future We Create, where our team worked to capture students and artistes rallying support from people across the island to care and share.
At the Make-up and wardrobe
at the Rehearsal
- Set Design: Tay Siu Whye, Snr Art Director
- Costume: Tee Yu Yan, assisted by Vivian Lim
- Make-up: Vinson Leo, Nex Beh, Cheryl Zhang, Kate Tang, Alvin Ang and Zhang Shen
- Technical producer: Tan Tiong Boon
- Vision Control/Robotic: Razali B Harun, Yusof B Saat, Lim Chye Hoe
- Vision Mixer: Melvin Chew
- EVS/VT operation: Tan Tiap Hwa
- Lighting: Chang Ah Kee, Raymond Chia, Abdul Razak B Ma’amor, Lim Heng Kiat, Rajoo Selvakumar, Anuar Mushadad B Sabarshah
- Sound: Sunny Lo Hak Sun, Choo Chong Soon, Abdul Halid B Naem, Yap Lay Hua, Phua Kia Eng, Michelle Wong, Caleb Seah
- Camera: Puan Boon Hooi, Tom Siow, Ahmad Fakhry B Zainodin, Ibrahim B Jaafar, Ng Kai Ting, Lau Siong Chew, Bernard Lai, Thong Weng Leong
- Floor Manager: Suryani Sarmadi, Oon Ling Chong, Steven Ong