A memorable night at MES Theatre
Mediacorp’s marquee event, Star Awards is back for the 24th year! Sparing no effort to deliver the best show possible, Star Awards 2018 will bring viewers a truly memorable one - night ceremony featuring key awards to be handed out to the year’s biggest winners.
Our technical and studio crew spared no effort ensuring home viewers a perfect show. Watch the behind-the-scenes video here to see how the team worked days and nights before and during the show.
Highlights of this year’s event include a special dome from Germany, illuminated by special visual effects projection, in a semi-indoor venue. The dome featured the Top 40 nominated artistes walking across a “floating” catwalk platform.
The dome is 22.5 meters in height and 20 meters radius. It took 3 days to assemble the structure. 6 projectors were deployed inside the dome for "Dome Projection Mapping". Audience on location and at home were able to have an immersive 360 visual experience.
Inside the MES Theatre, there was a special holographic segment featuring all the past recipients of the ‘All Time Favorite Artistes Award’, communicated to the audience in the form of holograms. This hologram projection was the first in Singapore broadcast history and was the opening act of Star Awards 2018.
The show leveraged on technology expertise from Singapore, Germany, China and India to create an extraordinary visual spectacle and elevate the show to new heights. It was a challenging experience for the Senior Art Designer and the Lighting/Sound/Camera crew.
The Studio Crew
- Technical Producer: Razali
- RF Control: Yusof Bin Saat, Siow Kim Hoong
- Vision Mixer: Lim Wik Goe, Kwan Yew Chong
- EVS/VT operation: Maisie Huang
- Sound: Lo Hak Sun, Choo Chong Soon
- Camera: Puan Boon Hooi, Lim Chee Huat
- Electrical and Power: Abdul Karim Mohd
- Story Video & Photo: Jolene Chan, Tom Siow
- Technical Producer: Khee Tok Sun
- Vision Control: Tan Tiong Boon, Lim Chye How, Jolene Chan
- Lighting: Lok Eng Keat, Gopala Krishnan,Raymond Chia, Liew Siew Weng
- Sound: Peter Tan, Abdul Halid Naem, Michelle Wong, Yap Lay Hua, Henry Wong, Janson Ng
- Camera: Ammad Fakhry (Steadicam), Lau Siong Chew (JIB), Chan Choon Hui, Tan Toh Chuan, Soo Cheong Foo, Bobby Sim, Ng Kai Ting, Lai Siew Leong Bernard, Teh Chiou Sin
Dome / Red Carpet
- Technical Producer: Abdul Rahim
- Vision Control: Raymond Thoe, Tan Tiap Hwa
- Lighting: Rajoo Selvarkumar, Mushadad, Lim Heng Kiat
- Sound: Mohammad Haffidz, Sylvia Lim, Reee Roozlynna, Caleb Seah, Daniel Ang
- Camera: Kelvin Tham, Ibrahim Jaafar, Chris Siew Jia Yaw, William Tan Wee Lian, Mohd Rabi Osman, Nauwroz Khan, Tang Jun Jie
- Camera Assistant: Choi Seong Bum, Ang Swee Hoe, Wong Hong San, Ernest Ang Zhi Hao, Yusoff Atan